Agenda Recreation & Environment 6 November 2017


to deal with the following business:

Julie Simmonds


1 November 2017


                                                               A G E N D A


021/RE/17       Items by Members of Public Present 7.30pm-7.45pm

The meeting is open to the public and press and the first 15 minutes will be reserved, if

required, for public comment.


022/RE/17  Apologies for absence.


023/RE/17  Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a prejudicial interest as defined in the Code; the Member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.


024/RE/17  Minutes

To approve the minutes of the R&E Committee held on 5 June 2017 (previously distributed)


025/RE/17  Football Bells Hill

To Note WWLFC did not renew for 17/18.  Instead Stoke Poges Saints Football Club have secured the pitch on Sundays to start a youth team.

To consider and decide annual rent costs for 2018/19 for budgets for all teams.


026/RE/17  Nettleship Wood

To note that a new tenant in the Frank Solari field is working well.  Ditches cleared in the other grazing fields and new walkway put down between Templewood Lane entrance and the Frank Solari field.


To consider and decide rent costs for grazing contracts and annual increase for 2018/19 for budget.


027RE/17  Bells Hill and Plough Lane Recreation Grounds

To Note Veolia grant received for new Jogging Path in Bells Hill Rec.  Paperwork is being prepared  to put grant in place so that work can start.


To discuss and decide about the hedge along the houses at the rear of Bells Hill.  This now requires cutting yearly at a cost of £450.  To decide whether to remove the hedge completely, topsoil and grass the area, approximately one off cost of £1000, or to continue having it cut yearly.


Playground Inspections – to discus and decide whether to continue with RoSPA inspections yearly or to use a different company – Quotes circulated.


Pond – To note information regarding possibility of selling our share of the pond, to decide how to proceed.


Request to look into responsibility of tree roots in way of sluice gates.


028/RE/17  Pavilion

To note that all that’s left is the water issue to sort out with Heighways Associates before they ask the

PC to sign off the retention fee.  Investigations still ongoing.


To decide to bring the cleaning of the pavilion in house to the Parish Council.  To decide to add this role to the current caretakers role and re-charge the uniformed groups quarterly.

To agree to place lockable toilet roll holders in all toilets to prevent whole toilet rolls being placed down the toilets.


To consider and decide annual rent costs for 2018/19 in new pavilion for budgets for all uniformed groups.


029/RE/17  Bells Hill Green

Update on Friends of Bells Hill working party.


030/RE/17  Grass Cutting Contracts

To discuss proposal from current contractor to continue all four contracts on a rolling yearly basis, proposal circulated.


031/RE/17           Allotments

Update from Cllr Cox on allotments.


Complaint from allotment holder regarding strimming of plot, pathways between plots, chippings being spread over eastern end of site, vehicles being driven around the site circulated.


Request from one allotment holder to allow the trenches to be re-dug to drain of the water and to ask the bee keeper to move to the other side of the allotments.  Request also for this holder to drive right around to their plot as they are disabled!


To note that there has been a lot of fly tipping of chippings and other tree related debris and the gate is being forced open by cutting off the locks.  Reported to police!  SBDC fly tipping cannot help because it is private land.   To discuss either replacing the gate with something stronger or putting in and extra bar gate like the one at Templewood Lane, or something else.


To consider and decide rent costs and annual increase for 2018 for budget.


032/RE/17  Tennis Club

To consider and decide rent costs and annual increase for 2018/19 for budget.


033/RE/17  Playground Inspections/Litter Picking

To consider and decide on any annual increase for 2018/19 for budget.


034/RE/17 Finance Budgets 18/19

To note and agree budgets for 18/19. Circulated



035/RE/17 – Weed Killing    



036/RE/17  Litter Picking Event

To resolve to agree next date for litter picking event.


037/RE/17  Trees

Brought back from last meeting to agree a quote to inspect the trees yearly on our land on Duffield Lane/Templewood Lane and carry out any necessary works required, to prevent prosecution if there are any damages caused by falling trees onto the road.


038/RE/17  Outdoor Cinema

To note 8 September event cancelled and to agree a new date for next year.


039/RE/17           Working Party for Xmas Lights Ceremony/Bells Hill Green

To note that electricity should now be in place for lights on the other side of the Bells Hill.  Lights to be installed in time for switch on 1st December.  Tree being supplied and installed by Pinewood Nurseries.  To Decide anything else required?


040/RE/17  Date of next meeting:- 

26 February 2018