Minutes Full Parish Council 12 March 2018


Present:-  Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Carter, Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Fox & Cllr Hoskins.

In attendance:-  Cllr Crocker took the minutes.

Also Present:-  2 members of public



223/PC/18 – Police

No police were present and no report received to table, however report received the following day which was circulated and attached to these minutes.


224/PC/18 – Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and fifteen minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment.

Two members of public came to talk about allotments and listen to item 237.


225/PC/18 – Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Finan, Cllr Lynch, Cllr Taylor and Mrs Simmonds.


226/PC/18 – Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.



227/PC/18 – Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 12 February 2018 which were signed by the Chairman.


228/PC/18 – County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Bagge carried out two drive arounds with the local area technician reporting road defects and fly tipping for removal.  Stoke Poges roads have suffered from the recent poor weather.  Duffield Lane to be repaired in two hits.  Templewood Lane will also be repaired.  RB has requested a more durable surface on Stoke Road/Fir Tree Avenue junction.


Cllr Bagge reported that the school would be advertising for someone at the School Crossing and has said the Parish Council will help.


Cllr Bagge reported that he had had £1428 to allocate to Community Projects and had awarded the following amounts:


  1. a) £250 to Stoke Poges Players for sound equipment
  2. b) £275 to Stoke Poges Village Hall to purchase a new projection screen
  3. c) £700 to Stoke Poges Parish Council for landscaping Bells Hill Green
  4. d) £200 to Farnham Royal Cricket Club to purchase new cricket balls

229/PC/18 – District Councillors’ Report

  1. a) Cllr Bagge reported that the Secretary of State had announced the intention to form a unitary council in Bucks. This is now in a consultation period and representation can be made until 25th  The District Council are exploring avenues for representation but he pointed out that it is the Minister who makes the final decision.  Cllr Bagge will ask for this to be put on the Parish Council agenda in May.
  2. b) Cllr Bagge also reported that 99% of the consultation responses on the country park were in favour.


230/PC/18 – Chairman’s Update from last meeting.

School parking was discussed.  Cllr Carter reported that Cllr Bagge had drafted the terms of reference for a working group involving school, parents, residents, councillors and police.  This will be discussed with the school.  The Head teacher at the school has organised for staff to keep a watch on parents parking in the zig zags.  SC reported that she and RB are looking at the travel plan that used to be in place.  SC commented that the issue was not really a Parish Council problem but we should help if we can.  She also commented that PCSO Benawra is extremely supportive and will, if necessary, visit parents at home to discuss this issue.


231/PC/18 – Khalsa School

Cllr Carter reported that there had been no movement on the Noise Management agreement which has been ongoing now for two and a half years.  The residents are unhappy with the work being done on the school premises because of the noise on Saturday mornings.  Also, there is some question as to whether or not the acoustic wall is in the right place and is the right height.  This issue has been passed to enforcement.  As yet there had been no feedback on the sports pitch consultation.


232/PC/18 – WW1 Celebration

Cllr Carter confirmed that the next meeting of the working party would be on 21st March.  She reported that Andrew Parry had joined the working party and the WI had been asked to be involved and possibly provide the tea/coffee.  A meeting is being set up with Anne Frank to discuss a poetry competition.  She went on to say that The Stoke Poges School are practicing the English and French National anthems.  Cllr Bagge mentioned Silent Soldiers and Cllr Carter agreed to investigate.  Cllr Carter stated that we will be remembering the 48 fallen at the event in July.  Cllr Carter reported that Wootton would like to join in the celebrations and is waiting to hear how many of them will be coming.


Cllr Bagge stated that the Deputy Lord Lieutenant will attend.  Cllr Bagge will find out what he would like to do.


Cllr Carter also stated that Andrew Parry wanted to be more creative at the 09/11 celebration particularly as this year it falls on a Sunday.


233/PC/18 – Pergola        

Cllr Carter reported that she had been told someone wanted the pergola but had not heard from them.  Cllr Bagge will put some words together for Cllr Carter to post on Social Media in an attempt to find someone to take it away at best offer.


234/PC/18 – Outdoor Cinema       

NOTED agreed date of 7 September to watch Hairspray (unless Mamma Mia becomes available) is confirmed.


235/PC/18 – Road Markings/Enforcement

Brought back from last meeting regarding any news or update on Roundels and the investigation of the Parish Council employing Bucks CC enforcement for parking.

  1. a) Cllr Bagge had tried to get a price regarding road markings but needed to submit location details. This has been done (Hastings Meadow, Hollybush Hill and West End Lane) but still waiting for a quote.
  2. b) Discussed how many hours we would need an Enforcement Officer. Cllr Bagge suggested 15 to 20 hours a week.  Once we get the cost of an Officer a decision can be made.  It was stated that we would have more double lines in place soon.



236/PC/18 – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

NOTED that the meeting about GDPR and the need to appoint a Data Protection Officer at Bucks CC was cancelled due to bad weather.  Cllr Bagge stated that he had attended a briefing at SBDC.  Anyone with information on devices where members of the public can be identified will need to register to be an Information Controller.  The cost is £35.


237/PC/18 – Allotments/Fly-Tipping

Brought back from Recreation and Environment on 5 March 2018

  1. a) It was reported that the clerk had spoken to Gary Brown who confirmed the rubble at the allotments can be taken away. Cllr Carter proposed the cheapest option and Cllr Hoskins seconded.  RESOLVED to agree all in favour.
  2. b) The clerk had got details of several options regarding the gate. Cllr Carter went through the details having had a long chat with A&M.  A&M recommended a 2 bar and height restrictor.  Cllr Carter proposed quote 237/1 minus the item at £220, Cllr Hoskins seconded, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.  Need to think about key holders or some alternative.  Cllr Carter would ask A&M for their advice.


238/PC/18 – Unauthorised Gate

The Chairman stated that it was appropriate to discuss this item in an open forum and proposed to defer and add to Part 2 of the next agenda.  Cllr Hoskings seconded, RESOLVED to agree, all in favour.


239/PC/18 – Provision of Homework Club

Cllr Bagge stated that he had been contacted by one resident about poor broadband speed in their road.  BT has said there is nothing more they can do.  Cllr Bagge suggested we allow the use of the Lionel Rigby Room for a Homework Club between 4pm and 7pm which would be supervised by parents.  They would need to use the Social Club or After School Club internet.  They have not been approached until we know if there is any interest in the Homework Club.  Cllr Bagge to follow up.


240/PC/18 – Bells Hill Green Working Party

Cllr Carter stated that she would like to start work soon.  Cllr Carter would like to get quotes for the foundation work for the statue.  She reported that she had identified a company that would handle the statue this end free of charge.  Cllr Carter would also like to get final quotes for benches and fixings.  Cllr Carter also commented that some thought needs to be put in to some red/white and blue decorations.  Cllr Carter agreed to circulate some dates for litter picking.


241/PC/18 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

(1)     Planning Minutes – 15 January 2018 – Signed 19 February 2018

(2)     Recreation & Environment Minutes – 6 November 2017 – Signed 5 March 2018


242/PC/18 – Finance

(1) NOTED Statement of Accounts – February 2018. Circulated

(2) RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature February 2018 £5938.09

(3) RECEIVED Bank reconciliations – February 2018

(4) NOTED Budget monitoring – February 2018


243/PC/18 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.


(1). NOTED Silent Soldier Campaign across Bucks

(2). NOTED Chalfont St Giles Neighbourhood Plan – Publication and Chiltern and South Bucks Plan

(3). NOTED Consultation on SBDC Statement of Licensing Policy


244/PC/18 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Meeting – 19 March 2018

Parish Reception – 23 March 2018

Full Parish Council – 9 April 2018




Meeting ended at 20.39pm