Minutes Recreation & Environment 5 March 2018


Present:-  Cllr Carter (Chair), Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker & Cll Fox

In Attendance:- Mrs J Simmonds (Clerk)

Also Present:- One member of public.





041/RE/17       Items by Members of Public Present 7.30pm-7.45pm

The meeting is open to the public and press and the first 15 minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment.

One member of public spoke about item 050 and came to listen to discussion and comments.


042/RE/17  Apologies for absence.

APOLOGIES were received from:-  Cllr Bagge, Cllr Hoskins & Cllr Lynch.


043/RE/17  Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a prejudicial interest as defined in the Code; the Member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.



044/RE/17  Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the R&E Committee held on 6 November 2017 which were signed by the Chairman.

All agreed to bring item 050 forward:-


050/RE/17           Allotments

Cllr Cox on updated that the allotments we all looking very good and tidy plots, one and a half plots are still vacant.  The fly-tipping is a major problem.  Cllr Cox has said that the only way to stop this is for the gate to be locked at all times which is not being adhered to by allotment holders even though the Parish Council constantly remind them.  Cllr Fox agreed to monitor the gate for the next seven days and to report finding back to Full council on 12 March 2018.


Fly tipping – Being investigated, NOTED  that this could take up to a year or longer before investigations can bring a prosecution.


Re-discussed other options such as a bar gate like the one at Templewood Lane. One quote was tabled for a double bar barrier gate.  It was agreed to get another quote for the same plus a single barrier gate and take to Full Council on 12 March 2018 to decide and this is not in the budget.


Discussed and decides to get two quotes to clear up the debri from the last tip which covers the car park and take to Full Council on 12 March 2018 for decision, again not in budgets.


045/RE/17  Football Bells Hill

All running smoothly with the football team.  Agreed that Cllr Fox would do a weekly inspection on a

Thursday of the pitch and converse with the Manager about play on that coming weekend.


046/RE/17  Nettleship Wood

Updated and NOTED that all is running well with the Frank Solari tenant and paddocks tenant.


047RE/17  Bells Hill and Plough Lane Recreation Grounds

Updated on looking into responsibility of tree roots in way of sluice gates, and that inspections show on the Rec side that all is running freely down to the culvert.  NOTED  no report received as yet from Willow Park residents.


Clerk update on unauthorised gate onto Bells Hill Recreation Ground and it was AGREED by all to bring back to Full Council on 12 March to decide how to proceed.


AGREED by all that any additional works in the Recreation Ground in readiness for the July 7 celebrations should come out of maintenance budgets for 2018/19 unless excessive in which case bring back to Full Council.


NOTED  Jogging Trail to start in April.


048/RE/17  Pavilion

NOTED that cleaning is going really well at the Pavilion and after teething problems all seems well.

Cllr Fox proposed a 3% increase on the current managers rate, this was seconded by Cllr Crocker

RESOLVED to agree all in favour.


RESOLVED to agree all in favour to get quotes to clean the fascia boards and have the inside of the

pavilion decorated this year, and bring back to Full Council in April for approval.


049/RE/17  Bells Hill Green

No update on Friends of Bells Hill working party, nothing happened over winter.  Quotes for benches

being obtained but these are already approved and a grant has been obtained for £700 towards them.


051/RE/17  Tree Inspections on Duffield Lane

NOTED that previous agreed contractor has let down the council by not responding to the clerk or accepting our offer to accept their quote.  Therefore the Clerk would like the council to agree the next contractor on the quote list, to decide.  RESOLVED  to agree all in favour to instruct South Bucks tree Surgeons for the job as quoted.


052/RE/17           Working Party for Xmas Lights Ceremony/Bells Hill Green

Nothing to update yet.


053/PC/17 – Weed Killing

NOTED that road weed killing method would be the same as last time, agreed to get new quotes from elsewhere and bring back to Full Council for approval.


054/RE/17  NOTED Date of next meeting:- 

25 June 2018


Meeting ended at 20.41pm.