Minutes Full Parish Council 9 July 2018


Present:-  Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Carter, Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Hoskins, Cllr Lynch & Cllr Taylor.

In Attendance:-  Mrs J Simmonds

Also Present:-  One member of public



064/PC/18 – Police

RECEIVED a written report from the police which was tabled.

065/PC/18 – Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and fifteen minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment.

One member of public gave the meeting information on item 078 and was there to listen to the decision.

066/PC/18 – Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Finan and Cllr Fox.

067/PC/18 – Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.

Cllr Bagge declared a personal interest in item 072.  As a member of SBDC planning committee he would chair this item but would not express views or take part in any vote.

068/PC/18 – Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 11 June 2018 which were signed by the Chairman.

078/PC/18 – Pavilion

Further information from uniformed groups regarding storage at the rear of the pavilion.

Cllr Hoskins proposed that the uniformed groups could go ahead with their proposal of installing two 20ft containers at the back of the Pavilion, one for scouting and one for guiding, a path to be laid directly behind most of the length of the pavilion allowing access to both containers. The area will be levelled not affecting the tree roots and containers placed approximately 4 ft. away from the back wall.  Once level the containers will sit on railways sleepers, this was seconded by Cllr Carter, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

069/PC/18 – County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Bagge tabled an email response from highways regarding all of the questions raised around the grasscrete at Pennylets Green which confirms that nothing more can be done until the trial is completed over four seasons.

070/PC/18 – District Councillors’ Report

Nothing to report.

071/PC/18 – Chairman’s Update from last meeting.

Councillor Bagge reported that a volunteer had come forward to co-ordinate a group of people to use the Community Speed watch using the Speed Eye portable speed camera.  Cllr Bagge to put them in touch with Burnham Parish Council to arrange training.

072/PC/18 – Khalsa School

Cllr Carter informed the council about ongoing issues with the neighbours with light pollution, noise etc and asked if our District Councillor could make contact with the officer at South Bucks DC who is leading the noise report policy to find out what stage it is at!

073/PC/18 – WW1 Celebration

Cllr Bagge thanked everyone involved in the organisation of the celebration which was a fabulous day.

074/PC/18 – Vine Road Verges

Item deferred from last meeting and bring back after discussions with the bus company.  Owner of bus company had been unavailable for further discussions. Deferred until September.

075/PC/18 – Beeches Local Area Forum

AGREED all in favour no bids for 2019/20 to Paul Hodson by 31 August 2018.  Decided to liaise with residents of Hastings Meadow to work towards a plan of action ready for next year’s deadline.

076/PC/18 – Footpath on Hollybush Hill   

AGREED to defer to next meeting regarding a footpath on Hollybush Hill.  Cllr Bagge is still investigating ownership.

077/PC/18 – Weed Killing

DISCUSSED the weed killing along parish roads. NOTED second application previously agreed to take place by a preferred method.

079/PC/18 – Grant Funding           

Cllr Bagge proposed to agree to Bells Hill Recreation Ground and Friends of Bells Hill Green opening bank accounts to meet grant funders’ eligibility criteria, this was seconded by Cllr Cox, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

080/PC/18 – Litter Picking

RESOLVED to agree all in favour Wednesday 12 September at 6pm.

081/PC/18 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

(1)     Planning Minutes – 22 May  2018 – Signed 18 June 2018

(2)     Finance Minutes – 13 November 2017 – Signed 11 June 2018

(3)     Recreation & Environment – 5 March 2018 – Signed 25 June 2018

082/PC/18 – Finance

(1) NOTED Statement of Accounts – June 2018.

(2) RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature June 2018 £27069.44

(3) RECEIVED Bank reconciliations – June 2018

(4) NOTED Budget monitoring – June 2018

083/PC/18 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.


  1. NOTED Email from Dominic Grieve – Have your say on Local Government in Bucks
  2. NOTED Thank you letter from resident regarding flowers on green and the war memorial.
  3. NOTED Email from Mark Averill regarding Devolved Services
  4. NOTED CDC & SBDC Joint Housing Strategy Consultation

084/PC/18 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Meeting – 16 July 2018

Planning Meeting – 20 August 2018

Full Parish Council 10 September 2018

085/PC/18 Exclusion of the Press & Public

Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960

RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the following business because publicity would prejudice the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business.

086/PC/18 – Solicitors Letter/Unauthorised Gate

DISCUSSED and decided to obtain quote for fencing off on the recreation ground side with metal posts and wires and possibly mature hedging.

Meeting ended at 8.25pm.