MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF THE STOKE POGES PARISH COUNCIL WILL BE HELD AT 8PM ON THURSDAY 11 APRIL 2019 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT THE VILLAGE CENTRE, ROGERS LANE, STOKE POGES, BUCKS, SL2 4LP
Present:- Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Carter, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Fox & Cllr Lynch
In attendance:- Mrs J Simmonds (Clerk)
Also present:- 8 members of public
1 Apologies for absence
APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Cox, Cllr Finan, Cllr Hoskins and Cllr Taylor
2 RESOLVED to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 19 April 2018 which were signed by the Chairman.
3 Chairman’s Annual Report.
Cllr Bagge welcomed everyone to the meeting. This year’s report would be in three parts showing what was done last year, how it was done and the focus going forward. A slide show of photographs was shown throughout the report.
The Spirit of Victory event in July was remarkable and memorable. The guests from Etricourt Manancourt arrived and laid flowers at the new memorial, followed by a huge event at the recreation ground, comprising of singing, dancing, a spitfire flypast, evening band and fireworks, and a wonderful playing of the last post by a pupil from Stoke Poges school.
Following last year’s successful open air cinema this is to be repeated again on Saturday 7 September 2019.
The 11/11 Act of Remembrance took place at the war memorial and again the last post was played by the same pupil from the school, followed by the lighting of the beacon in the evening.
The Carols event continues to grow and be successful each year with the visit of real reindeers and the Stoke Poges Singers sing the carols.
The jogging trail has been installed in Bells Hill recreation ground and is very well used.
Cllr Bagge explained that all of these things take place because of volunteers. The current Parish Councillors go over and beyond their duties also as volunteers. Cllr Bagge thanked the Councillors and the Clerk for their hard work during the year. Also thanks to all of the residents who have helped in some way to make Stoke Poges a special place to live.
Litter Picks have been very successful and the Friends of Bells Hill Green have made the green sensational, Cllr Bagge thanked everyone involved.
MVAS Speed Indicators are totally controlled and run and rotated regularly by Cllr Cox, he does this religiously every other weekend and this should really be a two man plus job, he also downloads and circulates all of the data collected. Cllr Bagge asked for the minutes to publicly thank Cllr Cox.
The Community Speedwatch machine records every speeding vehicle and records the data which then gets sent to the police who send a letter. If caught three times this can generate a visit from an officer. Cllr Bagge thanks Anne Frank who coordinates the rota and thanked the team.
- Rogers Lane and Hollybush Hill School Traffic – Working with both schools, police and councils to make parking and traffic safer around the schools
- Civil Enforcement Officer – Plans in place to part fund and maybe share with another area.
- Community Library – Reserve already created – Safe warm meeting place to read papers, borrow books, dvds etc, and meet others.
- Strategic Acquisition of Green Belt Land – Aim is to safeguard land.
4. General Discussion and Question Time.
- One member of public commended Cllr Bagge on his French speech at the WW1 event.
- A member of public said it was impossible to walk to Black Park as there was 150 meters of missing footpath which means walking on the lane, dangerous and not advisable, can anything be done. Cllr Bagge agreed to help if shown so he can discuss with rights of way team and transport for Bucks.
- One member of public thanked the council for the roadworks carried out in Duffield Lane.
- One member of public asked for a permanent sign to say who and where the sculpture was made.
- Another member of public thanked the council and working party for the wonderful village green.
Meeting ended at 8.34pm