PARISH COUNCIL COUNCIL OF
(Name of parish) ……Stoke Poges Parish Council
(Name of parish ward*)…Stoke Poges
|VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR|
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act, 1972 that a casual vacancy exists in the office of a councillor for the above town/parish council (town ward/parish ward if warded).
2. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if within 14 days** from the date below ten electors for the parish (or, if the parish is warded, for the parish ward in which the vacancy has occurred) give notice in writing to the Returning Officer calling for an election to be held to fill the vacancy.
3. The address of the Returning Officer is:
The Returning Officer
Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils
King George V House
King George V Road
- If no such notice is given, the Town/Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option, in which case any elector in the Parish interested in the vacancy should notify the Parish Clerk, at the address shown below, of their willingness to be considered.
Dated…3 June 2019 Signed JASimmonds
Address of Parish/Town Council
The Village Centre, Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges, Bucks, SL2 4LP
* If the parish is warded, please state the name of the parish ward; otherwise, please leave this space blank.
** in computing any period of time for this purpose, a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday, or a day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning shall be disregarded.