Minutes of the Full Parish Council Meeting 10 June 2019


Present:-  Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Carter, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Cox, Cllr Finan & Cllr Fox.

In attendance:-  Mrs J Simmonds (Clerk)



031/PC/19 – Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and fifteen minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment.


032/PC/19 – Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Hoskins and Cllr Lynch.

033/PC/19 – Declarations of interest       

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.

Cllr Bagge declared an interest in item 039 as Chairman of the District Council Planning Committee; he would take part but not vote.

034/PC/19 – Minutes

RESOLVED To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 13 May 2019 which were signed by the Chairman.

035/PC/19 – Resignation

NOTED the resignation of Cllr Christine Taylor this has been advertised as a casual vacancy.  Thanks were given by the Council to Mrs Taylor and asked to send their appreciation for her dedication whilst in post.

036/PC/19 – County Councillor’s Report  

At the BCC Annual Meeting Cllr Bagge was appointed Deputy Cabinet Member for Resources. 

Cllr Bagge visited several sites in his division last week such as Thorney Park, Trenches Lane, Evreham Centre, Black Park and Shortenills.

Cllr Bagge is pleased with progress with his plan for roads, to restore local roads to good condition again. Roads included are Stoke Green, Gerrards Cross Road, Pennylets Green/Hazell Way, Bells Hill Green, Blackpond Lane, Langley Park Road, Mansion Lane, Black Park Road.

Cllr Bagge reported that records show fly tipping in Apr/May 19 is down compared with last year.

037/PC/19 – District Councillors’ Report

Cllr Bagge reported that the Local Plan Consultation is continuing, and the commencement of work on the new Country Park is imminent.

038/PC/19 – Chairman’s Update from last meeting.

Nothing to report.

039/PC/19 – Khalsa School

Cllr Carter reported that there was no feedback as yet from their last meeting with the Head Teacher; they have another meeting in two weeks’ time.  There are plans to carry out works on the Focus School site.

040/PC/19  – Information Board 

Agreed to defer to next meeting.

041/PC/19 – Defibrillator

Cllr Bagge reported that the Village Centre have agreed to site the defibrillator in the porch under cover.

Cllr Crocker reported that the Co-op will not agree to having one outside on their wall, they only agree to them inside.

042/PC/19 – School Traffic Working Party

Cllr Carter reported on Bike to School week last week and the ups and downs of the volunteer marshals who attended each day.  The police also attended a couple of times and all in all it was a successful.

Agreed to have Stoke Poges Traffic Watch on the rear of the high Vis jackets when ordered.

043/PC/19 – Bells Hill Green

Cllr Carter reported that Pinewood Nurseries donated all of the geraniums for the Green, a big thank you to them.

Cllr Carter has applied to the Mobbs Memorial Fund for a donation, and is to receive a £1000 grant from Tesco for the funds.

044/PC/19 – Picnic 7 July 2019

Cllr Carter said that bins need to be ordered, signs for toilets put in place, football need to be made aware of the date.  Agreed to start from 2.30pm onwards and be called Anniversary Picnic. 

045/PC/19 – VE Day 75 – 8 May 2020

Information from Pageant master VE Day 75 being organised to celebrate/commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the end of WWII in Europe.  RESOLVED to agree all in favour to participate in the event.  Agreed to bring back to September to discuss further so that everyone can have a think about the event.

046/PC/19 – Christmas Lights 2019

Cllr Carter proposed to accept the option one quotation plus the extras for the tree, mistletoes and projector, this was seconded by Cllr Fox, to be funded from the Christmas Lights Budget, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

047/PC/19 – Assets of Community Value

Criteria has completely changed which makes the applications more difficult.  AGREED to investigate further and have a meeting with the officer and bring back with further information.

048/PC/19 – Outdoor Cinema

NOTED that first choice film Hairspray has been applied for from Filmbank.

049/PC/19 – Local Plan

NOTED that public consultations will be running for six weeks from 7 June 2019. 

050/PC/19 – Litter Pickers

RESOLVED to agree all in favour to carry out some maintenance on the existing pickers and to order 20 more robust pickers, to be funded from the recreation budget.

051/PC/19 – SBALC

NOTED Letter from the Chairman regarding a Joint Emerging Plan as circulated agreed to respond to say we have noted the contents and are working on our own response.

052/PC/19 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

  • Planning Minutes – 18 March 2019 – Signed 20 May 2019 –
  • Planning Minutes – 15 April 2019 – Cancelled – Signed 20 May 2019

053/PC/19 – Finance

 (1) RECEIVED Financial Summary & Statement Cashbook – May 2019.

 (2) RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature May 2019 £8026.79 

 (3) RECEIVED Bank reconciliations – May 2019

 (4) RECEIVED Income & Expenditure Heading Detail/Budget Monitoring – May 2019

054/PC/19 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.

Correspondence:- None

055/PC/19 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Meeting – 17 June 2019

Recreation & Environment Meeting – 24 June 2019

Parish Council Meeting – 1 July 2019

056/PC/19 – Exclusion of the Press & Public

Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960

RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the following business because publicity would prejudice the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business.

057/PC/19 – Tennis Club

Update given, a couple of questions to be answered before agreement is in place.

058/PC/19 – Allotments

Update given on breaches.

059/PC/19 – Community Library/Hub

DISCUSSED another possibility of moving forward with a Community Library/Hub. RESOLVED to agree this option not for the Parish Council this time.

060/PC/19 – Brockhurst Woods

Update given, bring back to next meeting.

Meeting ended at 9.20pm.