Minutes Full Parish Council Meeting 11 November 2019


Present: – Cllr Carter (Chair), Cllr Cox, Cllr Fox, Cllr Hoskins & Cllr Lynch

In Attendance: – Mrs. J Simmonds (Clerk)

Also present: – 3 members of public.              



149/PC/19 – Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and fifteen minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment.

One member of public mentioned a door seller asking to charge their mobile phone which could be scary for elderly people to say no!  Advised to call 999 if threatened or 101 to report.

Two members of public tabled photos of the footpath/pavements in Hartley Close and along Wexham Street towards Tubwell Road.  Agreed that the clerk would speak to Cllr Bagge who was investigating this last year and also ask the LAT to have a look and report back. 

150/PC/19 – Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Bagge, Cllr Crocker and Cllr Finan.

151/PC/19 – Declarations of interest       

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.


152/PC/19 – Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 14 October 2019 which were signed by the Chairman.

153/PC/19 – County Councillor’s Report  

Report tabled by Cllr Bagge as follows:-

Since last month’s meeting, the heavy rain caused severe flooding on Hollybush Hill, near the junction with Broom Hill. I asked TfB to look into the cause and to find a solution. They have emptied the gulley’s and catch pots, which they acknowledge is a temporary fix and are getting the Capital Drainage Team involved to design an upgrade with capacity to drain the road. This will require them to trace the drainage route through Sefton Park and increase capacity where most effective.

About 18 months ago, in my role on the Health and Adult Care Selection Committee, we did an investigation into childhood obesity. One of the recommendations we made was for BCC to make available healthy cooking/eating workshop sessions for school children. These are to be funded by LAFs. I was pleased to see that this has now been done and a good offer was introduced in the last round of LAF meetings. I have passed on information to The Stoke Poges School.

Verge developments. I have raised three fairly prominent cases with Street works. Two appear to be ok (i.e. not extending across their own curtilage) however, the one on Park Road is in breach and will be subject to enforcement action.

Unitary.  I have been working in a task and finish group writing the Planning section for the new council’s constitution. Our recommendation is that there will be one strategic committee covering major developments (500+ homes), minerals and waste and four area committees. These will be very similar to the four district committees. It looks as though parish councils will have their own slot in public speaking if they wish to use it.

154/PC/19 – District Councillors’ Report

Everything is progressing on plan. Three major projects: Bath Road temporary accommodation for homeless families is now on stream and occupied; GX police station is on schedule for summer/autumn completion and the golf course/country park is progressing well.

155/PC/19 – Chairman’s Update from last meeting.

It was great to see so many people at the Remembrance events yesterday and today. Thank you to Saera for liaising with the Vicar. 

Stoke Poges News is complete and went to the printers on time.  Delivery is expected for w/e of 22 November and the front cover promotes ‘Carols on the Green’ as usual.

156/PC/19 – Khalsa School

Nothing to update.

157/RE/19  Bells Hill Green

Bulbs donated have been planted on green and across the road on the verge.  Year six children were invited to help at the Green and also planted bulbs. Knitted poppies were made and secured all along the railings for the 11/11.

158/RE/19     Christmas Lights Ceremony/Bells Hill Green

NOTED event in place for 29 November.

159/PC/19 – High Interest Account

NOTED Documents received from CCLA and being signed.

NOTED Nationwide Business 1 year Saver Account was no longer available, DISCUSSED AND DECIDED all in favour not to go with BLME.  AGREED that Cllr Hoskins would look around for something else to be brought back to the next meeting, along with anything other councillors might find.

160/PC/19 – CCLA

AGREED to defer to next meeting, regarding funds and make any decision on whether to leave them or withdraw.

161/PC/19 – Grays Field

AGREED to defer to next meeting, update from Cllr Bagge and Stoke Park regarding the maintenance of the field and the fence.

162/PC/19 – Unattended parking in entrance to Bells Hill Recreation Ground

AGREED to speak to LAT about posts on verge and to obtain costs for a sign, posts and yellow lines.  To bring back costings when obtained.

163/PC/19 – Brockhurst Woods

AGREED to defer to next meeting update on getting quotes for a tree survey in the woods.

164/PC/19 – Container/Sleigh

Costs for containers range between £1k to £3k depending on size.  AGREED to bring back to next meeting.

165/PC/19 – Information Board

AGREED all in favour to remove for now and bring back another time.

166/PC/19 – MUGA

NOTED Quotes circulated for noise reduction and for prevention methods for climbing over the top, to decide. AGREED to arrange a meeting with fencing company to discuss further and bring back.

167/PC/19 – Outdoor Cinema

RESOLVED to AGREE not to hold another event in 2020 and review again for the following year if there is feedback from the village that the event was missed.

168/PC/19 – VE Day – 8 May Bank Holiday Event

RESOLVED to AGREE reluctantly not to hold and event for VE day due to past events not having a great turnout and because of elections happening around the same time.  AGREED to purchase bunting and any flag for the event and put up on the Green.

169/PC/19 – Asset of Community Value

Update given by Cllr Carter and the Clerk from a meeting held to discuss public houses in the village becoming an asset of community value.  Cllr Carter proposed to go ahead and submit an application for the Rose & Crown stating the Parish Council as the group leading; this was seconded by Cllr Hoskins.  RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

170/PC/19 – Defibrillator

RESOLVED to AGREE all in favour to accept the offer from Thames Valley Heartbeat to purchase another defibrillator for Stoke Poges.

171/PC/19 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

  • Planning Minutes – 16 September  2019 – Signed 21 October 2019
  • Recreation & Environment Minutes – 24 June 2019 – Signed 14 October 2019

172/PC/19 – Finance

 (1) RECEIVED Financial Summary & Statement Cashbook – October 2019.

 (2) RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature October Circulated. £6736.41

 (3) RECEIVED & NOTED Bank reconciliations – October 2019

 (4) NOTED Income & Expenditure Heading Detail/Budget Monitoring – October 2019

173/PC/19 – NOTED Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.


  1.  NOTED Chiltern & South Bucks Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedules
  2.  NOTED London Luton Airport – Consultation

174/PC/19 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Meeting – 18 November 2019

Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 2 December 2019

175/PC/19 – Exclusion of the Press & Public

Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960

RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the following business because publicity would prejudice the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business.

176/PC/19 – Tennis Club

Updated information given, to write to club and bring back to next meeting.

177/PC/19 – Brockhurst Woods

Update given, to bring back to next meeting.

Meeting ended at 9.10pm