Stoke Poges Wexham & Fulmer Horticultural Society
The Society was originally formed in 1884 as the Stoke Poges Horticultural & Poultry Society. Annual flower shows have been held each year, except during the two world wars. Earlier venues include Stoke Place House, Stoke Green Cricket Club and the grounds owned by the Cement and Concrete Association at Wexham Springs and Fulmer Grange. From the outset, the very highest standards were set and the Society has striven to maintain this reputation throughout its history. It has always been anxious to reflect the changing patterns in horticulture and to ensure that the Annual Flower Show presented a pleasing environment in which to encourage exhibitors to put forward their product for show in a keen but friendly spirit. The Committee are anxious to ensure that this policy is maintained.
The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society, the National Vegetable Society, Thames Valley Horticultural Federation, the National Sweet Pea Society and the Buckinghamshire Association of Horticultural Societies.
Please refer to their website for details of membership, upcoming events, talks and shows http://www.hortsoc.org/index.html