Skip to content
Stoke Poges Parish Council

Full Parish Council - Meeting Minutes

Monday 8th January 2024


Introduction

MINUTES OF THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING OF STOKE POGES PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 8 JANUARY 2024 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE LIONEL RIGBY ROOM AT

THE VILLAGE CENTRE, ROGERS LANE, STOKE POGES BUCKS, SL2 4LP.

Present: Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Bassi, Cllr Carter, Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Finan, Cllr Flower, Cllr Knox-Scott, Cllr Moore & Cllr Pritchard.

Agenda Items

168/PC/24 - Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and 15 minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment on items on the agenda.

None

169/PC/24 - Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Webster.

170/PC/24 - Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct adopted 2021. If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code, the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.

None

171/PC/24 - Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 4 December 2023 which were signed by the Chairman.

172/PC/24 – Beeches Community Board

Cllr Bassi updated that the next meeting is in February 2024.

NOTED that the clerk is still in discussions with the Local Area Technician about a suitable site for a static sign before proceeding with the application to the Beeches. To defer.

173/PC/24 - Buckinghamshire Council Report

Cllr Bagge reported that Budget Scrutiny Meetings are taking place this week and so far, have been very intense. The proposed Council Tax increase is the maximum allowed of 2.99% plus a Social Care precept of 2%, a total of 4.99%. There have been proposals for ‘intelligent parking enforcement’ using technology. It was noted that the Bucks newsletter is not being received in Stoke Poges again, Cllr Bagge will investigate.

174/PC/24 – Chairman’s/Councillors' Update from last meeting.

Cllr Finan asked Cllr Bagge for clarification around a recent email sent to all councillors, which Cllr Bagge answered.

Cllr Finan reported that he had received an email from another councillor about receiving spam emails from Cllr Finan. He explained about spam emails and how they work and that if anyone is unsure do not click on links, but check the address of the sender to be sure who it is from, if in doubt then delete it.

Cllr Flower requested that all discussions around the table go through the Chair.

Cllr Carter reported that The Beeches asked for more information to do with the grant request for the jogging trail, words were put together and have been submitted by the Clerk.

Cllr Carter also reported that a PCSO has volunteered to ticket cars outside the school in March/April which is the earliest they can do as the local police have been deployed to High Wycombe.

175/PC/24 – Neighbourhood Plan

Further update on regulation 14 consultation period and next steps.

The next steps are to write a Glossary of Terms which are being worked on and the draft checked. A consultation statement is also being worked on and is two thirds completed with timelines.

More work around Green Spaces is required and all of the replies to residents have been approved and sent.

176/PC/24 – Bus Shelter Hastings Meadow

Defer whilst still obtaining quotes.

177/PC/24 – Carols on the Green

NOTED date for this year’s event will be Saturday 23 November 2024.

NOTED that the takings from 2023 event to be donated to the Friday Club is £1188.78.

Cllr Finan proposed that the council agree to book the Reindeers £1295.00 and the Marquees £2200.00 Approximate costs for this year, this was seconded by Cllr Carter. RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

178/PC/24 – Music Event

Update from Cllr Finan about logistics for an event, logistics are still being investigated. Defer to next meeting.

179/PC/24 – Pennylets Green Junction

Defer until a licence has been granted from County to install planters on the verge near this junction.

180/PC/24 – Pond

NOTED - reports of residents that do not share ownership of the pond have been seen examining the outfall area at the request of a pond owner. To consider options.

DECIDED to write to pond owners again and ask them not to encourage access on the Parish Council side of the pond and to inform them of the date when remedial works will take place AGREED all in favour.

8.30pm Councillor Knox-Scott left the meeting.

181/PC/24 - Sale of capital assets - Bucks Council to sell off Chiltern District Council offices to fund schools and vehicles.

Request from Cllr Knox-Scott to discuss further and make an approach to Bucks about any assets for sale in line with a newspaper article that she circulated to Councillors.

AGREED to defer the item however the Clerk will check with County on sale of assets.

182/PC/24 – Buckinghamshire Council - Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges - Stoke Poges School rear exit path.

NOTED Email trail from Buckinghamshire Council and Clerk regarding the barrier request. To discuss and decide.

Cllr Bagge to escalate higher within County. Cllr Carter and the Clerk to set up a meeting with Highways, and all AGREED that the council still want to proceed with the project. Clerk to confirm this with them before the deadline of 12 January 2024.

183/PC/24 – Tennis Club

NOTED that a tree came down in December from Bells Hill Recreation Ground and fell onto the

fencing of the Tennis Club. This was dealt with under health and safety. The club has requested the Parish Council to pay for the repair of the fencing and gate to make the club secure again. To discuss and decide how to proceed. AGREED that the Clerk should obtain quotes for the work and bring it back to the next meeting.

184/PC/24 – Reception/Cups 2024

NOTED invitations will be worked on for the reception on 22 March 2024. Cllr Crocker has agreed to collate the replies as the Clerk will be away at the end of February for two weeks.

DISCUSSED potential recipients of the cups for awarding at the reception. Cllr Crocker proposed The Friday Club for the Jubilee Cup and Cllr Carter proposed Mr & Mrs Benians for the Caldecourt Cup, these were both seconded by Cllr Moore, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

185/PC/24 – Tree Works Duffield/Templewood Lane

Works are nearly completed; final works require a road closure to complete due to health and safety of workers. Cllr Moore proposed to agree additional costs of £2340.00 this was seconded by Cllr Finan, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

186/PC/24 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

Planning Committee Minutes 20 November 2023 – Agreed/Signed 11 December 2023

Finance Committee Minutes 19 July 2023 – Agreed/Signed 29 November 2023

187/PC/24 – Finance

RECEIVED Financial Summary & Statement Cashbook –December 2023

RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature December 2023

RECEIVED Bank reconciliations – December 2023

NOTED Income & Expenditure Heading Detail/Budget Monitoring - December 2023

188/PC/24 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.

NOTED Thank you card and letter from Rainbows.

189/PC/24 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Committee Meeting – 15 January 2024

Recreation & Environment Meeting – 5 February 2024

Full Parish Council Meeting – 12 February 2024

Meeting ended at 8.56pm