Skip to content
Stoke Poges Parish Council

Full Parish Council - Meeting Minutes

Monday 12th February 2024


Introduction

MINUTES OF THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING OF THE

STOKE POGES PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 12 FEBRUARY 2024 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE LIONEL RIGBY ROOM ATTHE VILLAGE CENTRE, ROGERS LANE, STOKE POGES BUCKS, SL2 4LP.

Present: -Cllr Carter (Chair), Cllr Bassi, Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Finan, Cllr Knox-Scott, Cllr Moore, Cllr Pritchard & Cllr Webster.

Agenda Items

190/PC/24 - Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and 15 minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment on items on the agenda.

None

191/PC/24 - Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Bagge and Cllr Flower.

192/PC/24 - Declarations of interest

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct adopted 2021. If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.

None

193/PC/24 - Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 8 January 2024 which were signed by the Chairman.

194/PC/24 – Beeches Community Board

Update given from Cllr Bassi regarding a meeting attended last week.  Cllr Bassi or the Clerk will circulate the minutes when they arrive.

NOTED that the clerk has received approval from the Local Area Technician about a suitable site for a static sign and has applied to the Beeches, however they have come back requesting three quotes.  The Clerk has obtained one quote from Swarco who supplied the MVAS signs and are known to Bucks CC. Advice from SWARCO is that static signs are not as effective as mobile signs.

NOTED quote Circulated for £4020.00 for the most basic sign solar powered, which if the Beeches approved, we would need to pay at least half. NOTED that the resolution to investigate a MVAS was agreed in 2022 before costs were known. Now that there is an indication of cost, the Council should resolve to go ahead with the indicated costs. AGREED to discuss the static sign/costs/locations with the Area Manager for Highways and bring back to decide if costs are acceptable and to agree to go ahead and get two more quotes.

195/PC/24 - Buckinghamshire Council Report

No report.

196/PC/24 – Chairman’s/Councillors' Update from last meeting.

Cllr Bassi discussed HMO houses and the rules.

Cllr Moore asked if anyone else had received Spam emails from the Chairman.

Cllr Carter updated on the Vine Road enforcement and building regulations relating to this property. Cllr Egleton is keeping an eye on this one.

197/PC/24 – Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Carter gave a further update on the plan, there were three outstanding documents which are all now submitted to the consultants as drafts. If approved the next step will be to submit the plan to Bucks Council for the next step, Regulation 15. We will need to then choose an external examiner.

An email has been received from a property not happy about the NDHA status given by Bucks Council, this will go to the planning committee for further discussion.

198/PC/24 – Bus Shelter Hastings Meadow

AGREED to defer whilst still obtaining quotes.

199/PC/24 – Music Event

Update given from Cllr Finan and Cllr Webster about logistics for an event. They have spoken to the Chairman Emeritus of the Horticultural Society who have said the large tent would be took big, the two smaller tents would work ok. Questions around running the bar ourselves and obtaining an entertainment

Licence was discussed. The Horticultural Society do not meet until March to discuss this further so defer it until the April meeting.

200/PC/24 – Pennylets Green Junction

NOTED Recreation & Environment approved the costs for a licence to be granted from County to install planters on the verge near this junction. Once licence received this will be brought back for decision on what to plant.

Cllr. Carter will discuss options with the Area Manager from Highways and bring back to the April meeting.

201/PC/24 - Sale of capital assets - Bucks Council to sell off Chiltern District Council offices to fund schools and vehicles.

NOTED that The Clerk has checked again with the property department at County and they have

replied with: - In response to the Parish Council’s question: The disposal of the Council’s offices in Amersham came about following a review of our current use of workspaces.  The Council does not have any plans currently to dispose of the assets on the list previously provided to Stoke Poges Parsh Council, including Land at Bells Hill, Wexham Street Stores and Bells Hill Green.

202/PC/24 – Buckinghamshire Council - Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges - Stoke Poges School rear exit path.

NOTED that Cllr Carter is meeting with highways in the Clerks absence at the end of February to

discuss the email trail from Buckinghamshire Council and Clerk regarding the barrier request. The Clerk replied to the deadline that the Parish Council still wish to proceed with this project as a matter of urgency.

203/PC/23 – Annual SLCC Conference

Cllr Finan proposed to resolve to agree to the Clerk attending the Conference in October 2024 as part of continued training, this was seconded by Cllr Pritchard, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

204/PC/23 – Notice of Consultation on the Farnham’s Neighbourhood Plan: Regulation 14

Email circulated, to agree any response. AGREED by all send reply saying noted and no comments at this stage.

205/PC/24 – Reception/Cups 2024

NOTED invitations will be sent for the reception this week to be held on 22 March 2024, and cup recipients have been notified.

206/PC/24 – Planning Committee

NOTED that two members of the planning committee have resigned.

NOTED that all other councillors were asked if they wish to join the committee, none agreed.

Cllr Crocker proposed that three residents which were mentioned and discussed should be approached and asked if they would like to be co-opted, if they agreed to invite them to the next planning meeting and then if the planning committee agree to co-opt, this was seconded by Cllr Webster, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

207/PC/24 – Meeting dates

NOTED meeting and event dates for the year May 2024-April 2025.

208/PC/24 – March 2024 Meeting

Cllr Webster proposed that due to the Clerk being on annual leave the March meeting should be

deferred and all business moved to the April meeting, which is also the evening for the APM, this was seconded by Cllr Pritchard, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

209/PC/24 – Plough Lane Jogging Trail

Cllr Finan proposed the costs required to submit a planning application for the trail, this was seconded by Cllr Crocker, RESOLVED to agree all in favour.

210/PC/24 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:

Planning Committee Minutes 11 December 2023 – Agreed/Signed 15 January 2024

Finance Committee Minutes 29 November 2023 – Agreed/Signed 8 January 2024

Recreation & Environment Committee Minutes – 30 October 2023 – Signed 5 February 2024

211/PC/24 – Finance

RECEIVED Financial Summary & Statement Cashbook –January 2024

RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature January 2024

RECEIVED & NOTED Bank reconciliations – January 2024

(4) RECEIVED Income & Expenditure Heading Detail/Budget Monitoring – January 2024

212/PC/24 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.

None

213/PC/24 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

Planning Committee Meeting – 19 February 2024

Full Parish Council Meeting – 11 March 2024 – MEETING CANCELLED.

Planning Committee Meeting – 18 March 2024

Parish Reception – 22 March 2024

Meeting ended at 8.44pm