Skip to content
Stoke Poges Parish Council

Full Parish Council - Meeting Minutes

Monday 14th March 2022



Present:- Cllr Bagge (Chair), Cllr Bassi, Cllr Carter, Cllr Cox, Cllr Crocker, Cllr Finan, Cllr Knox-Scott, Cllr Moore & Cllr Pritchard.

In Attendance:- Mrs J Simmonds (Clerk)

Also Present: 1 Member of Public.

Agenda Items

206/PC/22 – Public Session Time (7.30 pm-7.45 pm)

The meeting is open to the public and press and fifteen minutes will be reserved, if required, for public comment on items on the agenda.

One member of public attended as the writer of the letter under item 219 and assured the committee that there was no intention of any criticism of the councillors and the event itself, just observations for next time.

207/PC/22 – Apologies for Absence

APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Egleton and Cllr Flower.

208/PC/22 – Declarations of interest      

Members to declare any personal interest in any item of business as defined in the Code of Conduct 2012.  If that interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest as defined in the Code; the member should withdraw from the meeting for that item.


209/PC/22 – Minutes

RESOLVED to approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 14 February 2022 which were signed by the Chairman, who along with the Clerk thanked Cllr Knox-Scott for taking the minutes short notice.

210/PC/22 – Beeches Community Board

Nothing new to report from Cllr Egleton /Cllr Pritchard

211/PC/22 – Buckinghamshire Council Report  

Nothing to report

212/PC/22 – Chairman's Update from last meeting.

Cllr Bagge reported that the Litter pick event on 5 March had a low turnout but thanked all of those who had attended.

213/PC/22 – Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Carter updated on Neighbourhood Plan and meetings held with working party. They are making good headway on the housing mix, footways and green travel.  They hope to be able to bring more information to the April meeting after submitting more information to the agent.

214/PC/22 – Email Addresses

Thanks to the member of public attending this meeting who helped everyone to get their emails set up, this now seems to be resolved.

215/PC/22 – Reception 2022

NOTED invitations have all been sent, cup recipients informed.

216/PC/22 – Planning Committee

NOTED one long standing member of Planning has resigned and their last meeting is March 2022.

217/PC/22 – Pond   

Pond specialist report received and quotation for works. AGREED by all to write back and ask what the implications would be in carrying out a small part of the works.  Bring back to next meeting and then decide if any work to be carried out by the Council and if further works need to be agreed by all owners in which case they will then be contacted with full details going forward.

218/PC/22 – School Traffic/Traffic Watch Update

Update from Cllr Bagge and parking enforcement. Cllr Bagge still awaiting a reply and will chase, bring back.

Cllr Carter updated on School/Traffic Watch meeting, and the marshalling will start on 4 April 22.  A report was tabled which Cllr Carter explained how everything would work going forward.  AGREED that the traffic party would inform Sunshine Corner of what is going to happen.

219/PC/22 – SPVC Executive Committee

NOTED letter received from Chairman regarding Carols event for this year, AGREED to adhere to the requests going forward. Cllr Bassi to investigate where the padlocks and chains are.

220/PC/22 – Platinum Jubilee Event

Update from working party and Cllr Carter as Chair of R & E on progression so far. keepsake, bunting, flags, face painter, barbeque, alcohol/entertainment licence, disco, rock choir, all booked so far. Other tasks to be dealt with by members of the working party.

221/PC/22 – Stoke Poges, Wexham and Fulmer Horticultural Society Request

RESOLVED to agree by all that we should plant a jubilee tree either on Bells Hill where a tree was recently lost or in Bells Hill Recreation Ground, and a flowering cherry was agreed.

RESOLVED to agree to parking on the Recreation Ground for the annual show in July, in conjunction with the football club as usual.

222/PC/22 – Plough Lane Gate

NOTED R & E had a request to do something with the gate entrance from Plough Lane onto Farthing Green Lane as the road is busier and dogs/children can run straight out.  RESOLVED to agree to wait for the next Playground Inspection report and see what they recommend about the gate before taking action.

223/PC/22 – Junction Gerrards Cross Road/Collum Green Road

NOTED letter received from resident.  Cllr Bagge to obtain collision/accident data for the junction, and will ask for the hedges to be cut but because of nesting season this will most likely be much later in the year. Clerk to write back to resident.

224/PC/22 – RECEIVED and ADOPTED minutes from previous meetings of sub committees and working parties:   

  1. Planning Committee Minutes 17 January 2022 – Agreed/Signed 21February 2022
  2. Recreation & Environment Minutes 25 October 2021 – Signed 28 February 2022

225/PC/22 – Finance

  1. RECEIVED & NOTED Financial Summary & Statement Cashbook – February 2022
  2. RESOLVED to approve list of cheques/Bacs for signature February 2022 – £9667.78
  3. RECEIVED & NOTED Bank reconciliations – February 2022.
  4. RECEIVED & NOTED Income & Expenditure Heading Detail/Budget Monitoring – February 2022.
  5. RECEIVED & NOTED SLCC/NALC annual pay increase agreed 1.75% April 21-Mar 22
  6. NOTED & AGREED Financial Risk Assessment for audit purposes.

226/PC/22 – Circulars List/Correspondence and Items received by clerk but not on agenda.

List appended to the agenda of all circulars received in the office and available to view for one month after this meeting.

Correspondence: –

  1. NOTED Letter from Hugo Hardy Architect along with a book 'Expression of an Architect'.
  2. NOTED Buckinghamshire Council – New Licensing Policy.

227/PC/22 – NOTED Dates of Future Meetings

  • Planning Meeting – 21 March 2022
  • Parish Reception – 25 March 2022
  • Full Parish Council Meeting – 11 April 2022

228/PC/22 – Exclusion of the Press & Public

Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960. RESOLVED to exclude the press and public from the following business because publicity would prejudice the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business.

229/PC/22 –  Neighbourhood Plan

Discussed housing mix.

Meeting ended at 9.26pm