Public consultation - Wexham Springs
Public consultation on the redevelopment proposals at Wexham Springs.
31st January 2022
I am writing on behalf of Kennedy Wilson to let you know that we are going to be undertaking a public consultation over February on the redevelopment proposals at Wexham Springs to provide a data centre use. As well as helping to fulfil the significant and increasing demand for data centre capacity, this redevelopment will provide a number of benefits for the local area including the following:
- The creation of a number of well paid, skilled jobs within the local community, as well as additional indirect jobs in the supply chain
- The opportunity to improve community use of the undeveloped land associated with the site
- Significant Section 106 and Community Infrastructure Levy payments
- A substantial and permeant increase in business rates income due to the increased profitability of the site with a data centre use
- Protection of the site for employment use ruling out alternative uses that could generate increased traffic
- Potential to open up a significant area of landscaped, high-quality land to the wider community
We want to give residents as much opportunity as possible to give feedback and our consultation window will be open until 28 February. In addition to providing all information online, we are also holding a public exhibition on Thursday 17 February, between 5:00pm and 8:00pm at the Wymers building at Wexham Springs, Framewood Rd, Slough SL3 6PJ. Residents will be able to hear from the project team about the proposals, ask questions and provide feedback in-person. Further details about the consultation and scheme are also available on our project website: https://wexhamsprings.co.uk/
For a copy of the leaflet/flyer please contact the Clerk.