Health and Safety policy
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of Stoke Poges Parish Council
Our statement of general policy, below, is based upon that required by virtue of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. Although the Council has a single employee, the principles of the Act and its underpinning Regulations as later published are taken by the Council as a minimum requirement for the safe and effective management of the Council and its activities.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our activities.
- To consult with our staff on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe equipment.
- To provide sufficient information, instruction, and supervision of staff, volunteers and visitors as far as is reasonably practicable.
- To ensure all staff and volunteers are competent in their Council-related activities, and to provide adequate training as far as is reasonably practicable.
- To prevent accidents and activity-related ill health as far as is reasonably practicable.
- To maintain safe and healthy conditions for conducting the Council’s business and the public facilities it provides; and
- To review and revise this Policy as necessary at regular intervals, but at least annually.